Wine Tastings in Norwich & Norfolk
Hello and a very warm welcome to the Norfolk Wine School. We are an independent wine education company which hosts wine tastings and wine courses in Norfolk.
We offer a range of wine events from introductory courses to more in-depth individually themed tastings. All events focus on enjoying wine in a relaxed and informal setting. No previous wine experience necessary.
Why choose the Norfolk Wine School?
- We are wine educators, not retailers, which allows us to select the best wines from local merchants and leading national suppliers
- Our tastings entertain and inform and there's no pressure to buy wine at the end, making us unique in the world of wine tasting
- We are part of the local wine school network who have been providing wine courses and events across the UK for over 20 years.
- We offer structured courses; immerse yourself in the world of wine by joining an 8 week World of Wine course and you will taste over 50 wines along the way.
Recent 5***** tripadvisor review
"We had a great evening. I enjoy wine and this evening really helped increase my knowledge and appreciation, learning how different regions and climates result in very different tastes. Definately worth going and will hopefully enjoy further evenings"
To see this review and others on tripadvisor click here
Saturday Introduction to Wine Course, including a 3 course Lunch & a glass of Fizz
Saturday 4th March, St Andrews Brewhouse
Are you passionate about wine or interested and want to learn more? Do you want to discover and taste a range of exciting new wines and understand what makes them so different? Do you want to know what wine to drink with what food? If you are are looking for all of this and a thorough introduction to the world of wine, then this is the course for you.
This course is held at St Andrews Brewhouse, which is located in the heart of the historic centre of Norwich. It's a historic building with it's own unique quirky charm and many original period features which has been carefully converted into a bustling Microbrewery. It's famous for its beer brewed on the premises, it's relaxed and comfortable atmposphere and its good food. Our Saturday course is held in The Tank Room, a comfortable private room on the 1st floor where guests are able to sit together at a large wooden table. The day includes a specially created, delicious 3-course lunch which guests will have plenty of time to enjoy and to get to know everybody on the course. This is a unique wine tasting experience at one of Norwich's leading venues, It's a great way to spend a Saturday!
Saturday Course Highlights:
- A glass of fizz to start as we get to grips with the basics of wine including how to taste
- A tutored tasting of at least 12 wines from the Old World and New
- A delicious 3-course Lunch specially prepared for the event by the Chef at St Andrews Brewhouse
- The chance to taste, compare and contrast a range of different wine styles from different countries
- You'll taste the world's most popular grape varieties as well as some you probably haven't tried before
- You'll get to grips with the basics of food and wine matching
- Plenty of wine tips, general advice and all your questions answered throughout the day
Our Saturday course makes an amazing and unique Christmas Gift for any wine lover or for a couple who would enjoy a day learning about wine in a relaxed and fun environment and can be purchased as a Gift Voucher
Norfolk Wine School Venues
Norfolk Wine School is delighted to host courses at The Library Restaurant, 4A Guildhall Hill, Norwich, NR2 1JH. This lovingly restored listed building, formerly the UK's 1st subscription libary, is now a thriving restaurant and bar in the heart of the city centre. Tastings are held in a private room on the 1st floor.
We also host tastings and events at the popular St Andrews Brewhouse, 41 St Andrews Street, Norwich, NR2 4TP. This busy micro brewery and smoke house serves its own beers alongside an impressive range of craft beers and ales. Tastings are held in a comfortable private room on the 1st floor.
For further details on our venues (including map) please click here.
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY & NO EXPIRY DATE. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Tun Wells & Wine Courses Brighton/Tun Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting CANADA - coming soon!