8-Week World of Wine Course from £105
Welcome to Norfolk Wine School's 8 Week World of wine course, one of the most popular courses in the network. We are now taking bookings for our next course starting in February 2019.
Our 8-week World of Wine course is an informal and practical introduction to the world of wine for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn a little more. The course and runs for 8 consecutive weekday evenings. No previous experience is necessary and the emphasis is upon learning by tasting different varieties of wine.
It's also an opportunity to meet new people who share your love of wine.
- Taste over 50 wines from 5 continents, 15 regions and 15 grape varieties
- Retail prices of wines will be from £7 to over £20
- Includes food and wine matching advice
- Discover where to buy today’s best value for money wines
- Learn about common wine faults and how to spot them
- Serving and storage advice
- Discover what wines you like and where to buy them
A course fee of £105 is payable when booking, this reserves your seat on the course. In addition there is a £10 charge payable on each evening to cover the cost of wine, water biscuits and materials. This spreads the cost of the course over the 8 weeks. The total course cost is £185 a saving of 15% vs if you booked each evening separately, or the equivalent of one evening free!
Our 8-week World of Wine Course makes a fantastic gift for anybody who enjoys wine but would line to learn a little more and can be purchased as a gift voucher
£185 gift voucher for ONE
What if can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or obtain a credit voucher valid for other Norfolk Wine School courses and tastings. Courses run throughout the year.
- Week 1: how to taste wine, aroma tests + how wine is made + to decipher a wine label
- Week 2: Tour de France Stage I - Bordeaux and Burgundy + the concept of terroir
- Week 3: Tour de France Stage II - The Loire, The Rhône and the South of France + the importance of climate and weather
- Week 4: Spain & Italy + food and wine matching
- Week 5: Australia including sweet wine + the use of oak and other wine treatments
- Week 6: New Zealand + screw cap vs cork + common wine faults
- Week 7: A Taste of America; wines from California, Chile & Argentina + how to serve and store wine
- Week 8: South Africa including a comparative tasting of a New World Sparkling wine vs Champagne
Tastings start at 7pm and last for approximately 2 hours, ending at 9pm.
What will I get from this course?
- You will taste over 50 wines from 5 continents, 15 regions and 15 different grape varieties
- You will gain a good understanding of the worlds' major wine regions and the wine styles they produce
- You will be able to spit, swirl and sniff like a professional, be able to assess a wine and identify faults
- You will have a basic understanding of how wine is made, the importance of soils & climate and the influence of the winemaker on wine styles
- The confidence to try lots of new food and wine matches at home
- You will feel much more comfortable choosing wine and know where to go to find good value wines
- A whole new wine vocabulary, plus some new friends!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets, course support materials, water biscuits and table water are provided at every session.
This course is held at OPEN, a leading entertainment hub located in the centre of Norwich.
Our 8-week world of wine course is an informal and practical introduction to the world of wine for anybody who enjoys wine and would like to learn more about it.
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 6th Feb 2019 at 7-9pm
Venue: OPEN, Bank Plain, Norwich