Tapas and Wine Workshop
If you enjoy snacking on Spanish tapas then join us for an authentic taste of Spanish food and wine at our Tapas and Wine workshop.
We'll explain how the Spanish have mastered the art of matching simply prepared but delicious bite-sized snacks with great wines that make every mouthful an experience to be savoured. This tasting experience kicks off with a taste of Manzanilla Sherry served with Spanish olives and salted almonds while we explain the principles of food and wine pairing. We'll then reveal some of the secrets behind why these Spanish snacks are a match made in heaven with wines from different regions of Spain which are often made to match the local food.
During the evening we will then present a range of six specially prepared hot and cold tapas with the selected wine match chosen from the list below:
- Bubbly Spanish Cava with Pescato Frito (mixed fried fish)
- Galician Albarino with Bolas de Bacalao (salt cod croquettes)
- Spanish Rosado with Chorizo in oil
- A white Rioja with smoked Spanish ham
- Mencia red wine with roasted Spanish vegetables
- A rich & ripe Monastrell with spicy patatas bravas
- Rioja Crianza with Albondigas (spanish style meatballs)
- A smooth Rioja Reserva with Pinchitos (rolled beef with an olive tapenade)
- Oloroso Sherry with Manchego cheese, dried apricots, walnuts and membrillo
- Pedro Ximenez with churros y chocolate
Perfect for foodies!
Professional ISO tasting glasses and all tasting materials are provided including table water.
Our Tapas and Wine Workshop makes a great gift and can be purchased as a Gift Voucher for £39.50
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 12th Oct 2018 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: OPEN, 20 Bank Plain, Norwich