Valentines Fizz Friday - Champagne & Sparkling Wine Tasting
What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than with a great fun and decadent evening dedicated to Champagne and Sparkling Wine.
We'll kick off with a glass of bubbly Pink Fizz and we'll reveal how the bubbles get into the bottle and how Champagne and different types of Sparkling Wine are made.
We'll also explain Sparkling wine labels so you know what terms like 'NV,' 'Brut,' & 'Blanc de Blanc' actually mean and what they tell us about the wine inside the bottle.
During the tasting we will explore 6 different types of fizz. The tasting will inlcude a Champagne, a light & lively Prosecco, a delicious Cava, a Champagne look-a-like from the New World (and we'll explain why they can't call it Champagne) and a fine English Sparkling wine. During the evening we will also explore why Sparkling Wine is a great match with food and try matching a couple of wines with delicious salty snacks and a fine French Cheese. All that will be left for you to decide is which style do you prefer?
This tasting includes:
- A brief introduction to wine tasting and how to taste sparkling wines
- A tutored tasting of 6 different Champagnes and Sparkling wines from around the world
- Advice on how to match Champagne & Sparkling wine with food
- Tips on how to store & serve Champagne & Sparkling wine
- Lots of tips and practical advice including where to buy great Champagne and Sparkling wine
The use of professional ISO tasting glases and all tasting materials including tasting notes, table water, salty snacks and a sample of Cheese specially selected to go with Sparkling Wine are all included
Places remaining: 24
Course Date/Time: Fri 15th Feb 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: OPEN, 20 Bank Plain, Norwich