BPET PRO Beer Sommelier Level 1
Our industry-leading professional-level beer courses have been designed & developed with Master Cicerone® Rich Higgins, Master Cicerone® Mirella Amato, and Certified Cicerone® Jonny Tyson.
This Level 1 course wil provide you a point of difference when applying for jobs involving beer. It provides a thorough understanding of the myriad of different beer styles, their tastes & aromas. It will also teach you how beers work with different foods.
Participants in the course will be well equipped to develop a career in the exciting, rapidly-growing craft beer industry and will be prepared for the coveted Cicerone® Certified Beer Server Exam. The price of the exam is INCLUDED in the course fee.
The course runs over 2 full days from 9:30am to 5:30pm. After completing the course, you will receive a link and log-in code to complete the 1-hour / 60 multiple-choice online exam.
The course will run on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th February. We run the course early in the week as the sessions are aimed at those working in the industry, though are completely suitable for anyone with a interest and passion for beer. The Certified Beer Server exam is a timed 60-question multiple choice exam, administered online. A grade of 75% is required to pass, candidates must also pass a short quiz about the Cicerone programme.
During the course you will:
- Learn about the wonderful world of Craft beer – including the different types of hops, malts, styles and flavours
- Taste a wide range of local & international beers
- Learn to taste & evaluate beer like a professional
- Learn how to match beer with food
- Be fully prepared for the Cicerone Certified Beer Server Exam by our world-leading tutors
- Get a benchmark world-renowned Cicerone qualification if you pass
The course is a perfect opportunity to meet and network with fellow beer professionals and enthusiasts.
- 2 full days - Tutored tasting of at least 20 styles of local & International beers
- 125 page BPET L1 Pro Beer Sommelier course manual
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server Exam - to be completed online
Please Note: These courses are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone Certification Program.
The number of breweries and the range of beers available in the UK has never been more exciting - so why not make the most of this opportunity - and get beer qualified!
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Mon 11th Feb 2019 at 0930 - 1730
Duration: 8 hours x 2
Venue: No 8 Thorpe Road, Norwich