As you know due to the Covid19 pandemic we suspended our face to face events back in March in line with government advice to keep the nation, our guests and people who work with us safe. We’re now working with our venues and are preparing to run face to face tastings and events from September.
Our tastings will still follow familiar formats but we will introduce the following Covid 19 safety measures based on risk assessments for each event:
- Enhanced hygiene measures for tutors inc use of gloves and/or regular hand sanitisation
- Enhanced hygiene measures for guests inc hand washing/sanitisation on arrival
- More regular sanitisation of rooms & equipment
- Enhanced glass hygiene measures
- To reduce the shared handling of items all wines will be poured for guests
- Suspension of the use of Spitoons for guests
- Appropriate social distancing between guests
- Tasting notes followed up via e-mail
- Collection of guests personal details which will be retained for 21 days after events to facilitate track & trace
- Reduced group sizes
We thank you in advance for your support in adhering to these measures during our events. Please keep an eye on our list of events as this will be updated as we confirm our Autumn and early 2021 schedule. You can continue to buy gift vouchers with confidence as they are valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
What to do if you are holding a credit from a postponed event
Thank you to all those guests who agreed to hold a credit in lieu of us being able to deliver their booked event. Your support and understanding is very much appreciated. We have been contacting guests booked on postponed events but if you have not heard from us, please contact us and we will confirm your credit voucher.
We are transferring postponed bookings free of charge. Many guests have already been transferred to future events but if you are holding a credit and want to transfer to a future event as our new schedule is published please just e-mail us or give us a call. If you were booked on a postponed event with a gift voucher, we will honour the full value of your voucher. If you need an extension to the validity period of your gift voucher, no problem, we will arrange that for you.
We look forward to welcoming guests back to Norfolk Wine School again. In the meantime, take care, stay safe and we look forward to enjoying a glass of wine with you.
With kind regards,
Chief Wine Tutor