Christmas Fine and Rare; Port and Cheese Tasting
A real treat for all Port lovers! This exclusive evening tasting is devoted to one of most quintissential of British drinks.
The emphasis of the evening will be to explore a range of Port styles and explain how they are made and what makes them different. We will demonstrate how versatile Port can be and how to enjoy it on a variety of different occasions.
You will enjoy the Ports alongside a selection of fine cheeses including a crumbly, nutty vintage mature cheddar and a deliciously complex, tangy blue Stilton, each cheese specially selected to pair perfectly with one of the Ports.
The evening will kick off with an aperitif - a white Port served over ice topped up with a premium tonic and garnish, a great way to wake up the taste buds. We will then enjoy 6 more fine Ports:
- a light and fruity Ruby Port
- a rich and smooth LBV (late bottled vintage Port)
- a nutty and caramel-like aged Tawny Port
- a Single Quinta Vintage Port; made with grapes grown from a single vineyard site
- a beautifully aged and complex Vintage Port, made by a leading Port family from the universally acclaimed 1985 vintage
- a new-world Port look-a-like
This is a great opportunity to taste a range of Ports, including premium Ports, side-by-side so you really get to appreciate why Port is one of the world's greatest wine styles.
This tasting makes a great gift and can be booked as a gift voucher here
Places are strictly limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 12th Dec 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: OPEN, 20 Bank Plain, Norwich
20 Bank Plain