WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Jan 19
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wines is an ideal starting point for anyone who is considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry or those with no little or prior experience of wine tasting.
It is an enjoyable, relaxed and interactive course which is completed in a single day, including the exam, making it easy to fit in with busy schedules.
You must register for this course by Friday 4th January 2019 to ensure we can register you with the WSET.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching: A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine: Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes, Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted: 10 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials: Students will receive the Foundation Certificate Study Guide
- Course Specification: Those who wish to review the course specification in preparation for the course can view it by clicking here
- Duration of course: 1 day inclusive of examination
- Examination: 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
The Fee of £175 includes:
- Study guide
- Tasting of 10 wines
- Food & wine matching
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- Examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET certificate and pin for those who pass
Please Note: after booking please email us with your date of birth and name as you would like it to appear on the certificate so that we can complete the registration process which will allow students to take the exam on the day of the course.
Registration for this course is required by Friday 4th January 2019. This is to allow adequate time for us to complete the registration process to enable candidates to take the exam on the day of the course. In certain circumstances we may be able to accept a late application to the course, however this will incurr an administration fee of £25 to cover our administration costs of a late registration with the WSET.
On the day please bring photo ID with you as means of proof of identity (this is required by the WSET to enable you to sit the exam).
Special Educational Needs. Please makes us aware if you have a condition that may mean you qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Sun 20th Jan 2019 at 10am - 5.30pm
Venue: No 8 Thorpe Road, Norwich
No 8 Thorpe Road
8 Thorpe Road