Beer and Cheese Workshop
Calling all Beer Lovers! Did you know that your favourite tipple is a great match with Cheese?
Join us for a fun filled evening where we explore a range of delicious Beer and Cheese combinations matching local and continental cheeses with a selection of fine locally brewed and international beers.
While wine may be the more traditional match, good Beer has all the attributes you need to work wonderfully with cheese - acidity, sweetness, carbonation, mouthfeel and of course a huge array of different flavours that make it a match made in heaven with a variety of cheeses. Our professional Beer Sommellier, Cheryl Cade, has been busy putting together a list of her favourite beer and cheese combinations to tempt your tastebuds and demonstrate just how well beer and cheese work together.
During the evening we'll explore six different pairings, with at least three selected from the list of our favourites below:
- A Fig infused Dubbel with Norfolk Binham Blue
- A Saison with Norfolk White Lady
- A locally brewed Stout with Stilton
- A locally brewed Wheat Beer with Buffalo Mozarella
- An American Pale Ale with Wendsleydale
- A Belgian Trappist Beer with Epoisses
- A fruity Lambic with traditional Chevre (Goats Cheese)
- A locally brewed traditional Best Bitter with Norfolk Dapple
Perfect for foodies!
Professional ISO tasting glasses and all tasting materials including tasting sheets are provided as are water biscuits, oatcakes and table water.
Most of our cheeses are sourced from Amaretto Delicatessen, 16 St Georges Street, Norwich.
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Fri 8th Feb 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Last Pub Standing, King Street, Norwich