BPET Level 1 course February 2020
Our industry-leading professional-level beer courses have been designed & developed with Master Cicerone® Rich Higgins, Master Cicerone® Mirella Amato, and Certified Cicerone® Jonny Tyson.
The BPET Level 1 course prepares prepares candidates for the coveted Cicerone® Certified Beer Server Exam. The course provides a thorough understanding of the brewing process and and will teach you how to recognise different beer styles, their tastes & aromas. It will also teach you how beers work with different foods.
The course is suitable for anyone brewing beer, serving beer or working in the beer industry who wants to boost their beer credentials with an internationally recognised qualification. The course is equally suitable for amateur beer enthusiasts who want to learn about beer in a structured way or for anybody new to beer who is thinking about pursuing a career in the exciting, rapidly growing, craft beer sector.
We recommend anybody considering this course reviews the UK Certified Cicerone syllabus.
The course will run on 2 consecutive Sunday's, 23rd February and 1st March, 9.30 to 5.30pm. After completing the course, you will receive a link and log-in code to complete the exam. The Cicerone Certified Beer Server exam is a timed 60-question multiple choice exam, administered online. A grade of 75% is required to pass, candidates must also pass a short quiz about the Cicerone programme.The exam is INCLUDED in the course fee
During the course you will:
- Learn about the wonderful world of Craft beer – including the different types of hops, malts, styles and flavours
- Taste a wide range of local & international beers
- Learn to taste & evaluate beer like a professional
- Learn how to match beer with food
- Be fully prepared for the Cicerone Certified Beer Server Exam by our world-leading tutors
- Get a benchmark world-renowned Cicerone qualification if you pass
The course is a perfect opportunity to meet and network with fellow beer professionals and enthusiasts.
The course fee includes:
- 2 full days tuition
- Tastings of at least 20 styles of local & International beers
- A session on beer and food pairing
- The 125 page BPET L1 Pro Beer Sommelier course manual
- Advice on how to prepare for the exam
- The Cicerone® Certified Beer Server exam - to be completed online
Please Note: These courses are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone Certification Program.
The number of breweries and the range of beers available in the UK has never been more exciting - so why not make the most of this opportunity - and get yourself beer qualified!
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Sun 23rd Feb 2020 at 9.30am
Duration: 8 hours x 2
Venue: No 8 Thorpe Road, Norwich
No 8 Thorpe Road
8 Thorpe Road