Cicchetti and Wine Evening
Join us for a taste of 'La Dolce Vita' as we explore the food and wine of Northern Italy
"Cicchetti" (pronounced 'Chee-ket-ee') is Italy's answer to Tapas, small plates of tasty food traditionally served in the bars and restaurants of Venice washed down with an ombra, a glass of local wine. This Venetian tradition has now extended into other areas of northern Italy and as with all Italian cuisine the emphasis is upon the use of fresh ingredients, simply prepared, that sing with flavour.
Northern Italy has a rich and varied wine heritage and this themed evening pairs freshly prepared Cicchetti with a range of local northern Italian wines. During the evening we'll share the principles of food and wine pairing and explain what makes an amazing combination.
You will enjoy a selection of specially prepared hot and cold Cicchetti all served with a recommended wine pairing. A typical menu for the evening will include many of the following dishes:
- Orange & rosemary marinated olives with an Aperol Spritz
- Melon, prosciutto and fresh mint salad paired with a fruity Prosecco
- Traditional Venetian crostini paired with a premium Pinot Grigio from Trentino
- Arancini filled with spinach and parmesan paired with a white wine from Lugana
- Baccala' Campognolo - white fish in a spicy olive & tomato sauce paired with a bright and fruity Dolcetto d'Alba
- Wild boar ragu served on a fresh fennel salad paired with a rich Ripasso-style red wine
- Fresh Panzanella salad paired with a Rose from Bardolino on the shores of Lake Garda
- A dessert duo of creamy Tiramisu or Cannoli and a piquante Gorgonzola paired with a Recioto della Valpolicella
Perfect for foodies!
Please note that this menu may contain nuts. Please advise of any allergies or special dietary requests at the time of booking.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets, all tasting materials and table water are included.
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Fri 20th Sep 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: OPEN, Bank Plain, Norwich