Christmas Cheese and Wine Workshop
Love Cheese? Love wine? Love Christmas? Why not come along to our festive cheese and wine matching evening and learn more about the best cheese and wine pairings to enjoy at home this Christmas. We will kick off with a glass of festive fizz and then we shall be exploring a range of delicious cheeses, incuding Cheeses made in Norfolk and matching them with some classic wines from around the world including some fine Sparkling Wines. We shall also talk about food and wine matching more generally, and you'll pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home to impress your festive guests.
On the evening we will try six different cheese and wine combinations. Each event will include a minimum of two local Norfolk Cheeses and four other pairings selected from the delicious combinations below.
- Gooey Chaource with Champagne
- Fine French Chevre (Goats cheese) with a Pouilly-Fume or Sancerre
- A crumbly farmhouse Cheshire with Chenin Blanc
- Baron Bigod Suffolk Brie with a Fine English Fizz
- Tangy Roquefort with luscisouly sweet Sauternes
- Norfolk Binham Blue with an Italian Ripasso style red
- Smoked Norfolk Dapple with a premium South African 'Bordeaux blend'
- Cave aged Gouda with a rich barrel-fermented Chardonnay
- Spanish Manchego & Membrillo with a premium Rich Cream Sherry
- Cropwell Bishop Stilton with a Late Bottled Vintage Port
Perfect for foodies!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, all course materials including tasting sheets, table water, oat biscuits and water biscuits are provided.
This Christmas food and wine workshop makes a great gift and can be purchased as a Gift Voucher for just £37.50
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 6th Dec 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: OPEN, Bank Plain, Norwich