Saturday Course inc Champagne & 3 course lunch
Our Saturday Course is a full day wine tasting experience hosted at The Last Wine Bar in Norwich.
Housed in the quirky surroundings of a Victorian shoe factory in the heart of the historic centre of Norwich the building has been lovingly converted to house a buzzy bar, a relaxed and informal Brasserie and and a cosy downstars cellar bar. This local institution has been welcoming guests for the last 29 years and provides a beautiful setting and great atmosphere for our Saturday Course.
During the day you will have the opportunity to taste up to 16 wines as we journey around the world of wine and tempt your tastebuds with a selection designed to demonstrate the breadth and diversity of the wonderful world of wine. The day also includes a delicious 3 course lunch from a seasonal set menu.
Overview of the day:
- We kick off at 10.30am with a glass of Champagne and breakfast inspired canapes
- An introduction to wine tasting including how to slurp and sniff like a professional
- A tasting of classic wines from the Old World including France, Italy & Spain
- A delicious 3 course seasonal lunch with wine pairings
- A fun blind tasting session
- A tasting of wines from the New World, including Australia, Chile, South Africa & Argentina
- A practical demonstration of how to create great food and wine pairings
- The day will finish at 4.30pm
Recent tripadvisor reviews:
"We had a great day tasting many different wines, enjoying a good lunch and learing lots...we would definately reccomend this day"
"A great way to spend a Saturday. Excellent wine, splendid food and educational too. It reminded me to move away from the wines I know and like and try and add variety with something new. It was good fun too"
Table water, water biscuits and tasting sheets are provided throughout the day.
Please advise of any dietary requirements on booking.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Nov 2020 at 10.30am
Duration: 6 hours
Venue: The Last Wine Bar Norwich
The Last Wine Bar Norwich
70-76 St Georges St