WSET Level 1 Spirits £175
The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits course will guide you, using sight, smell and taste, through the world’s key spirit categories and production methods. The course is designed to introduce spirits in an interactive, structured and concise manner. You'll learn how to taste spirits using a systematic approach
Who should consider studying WSET Level 1 in Spirits?
The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of spirits; it is ideal for anybody who is just starting their career and working with spirits.
This course is also a great introductory first course for the spirit enthusiast who wishes to learn about spirits in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying spirit styles, categories of spirits and service.
No previous experience of spirit tasting is necessary to register on this course.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the link to view the COURSE SPECIFICATION including sample exam questions.
- Spirit production: Learn what spirits are made from and how they are made
- Categories and styles of spirit: Learn about the main categories and different styles within each category. Including: Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Whisky, Gin, Cognac & Liqueurs
- Spirit tasting: Learn how to taste and describe spirits using the WSET L1 systematic approach to spirit tasting
- Spirit service: Learn the different serves for spirits and what types of spirits are suited to each serve
- Spirit marketing: Learn common ideas in the marketing of spirits
- Social responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Number of spirits tasted: 10 spirits will be tasted as part of the course
- Duration of course: 1 day including examination
- Examination: Multiple choice paper of 30 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will receive a certificate suitable for framing and label pin.
This gift voucher covers the cost of a place on a WSET Level 1 Award in Wine course or a WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits course at Norfolk Wine School. Your voucher
Places remaining: 945
Venue: No 8 Thorpe Road, Norwich